Thursday, October 11, 2012

Jean Jackets Are Back?


Hearing criticism can never be easy. When you introduce something that may threaten someone’s sense of normal, people can lash out very hard. I often wonder what a person must have had to endure for their style to catch on. How many people told them they didn't look good?  Or how long did it take for someone to also dress the same way and how long did the trend last? Looking back into the 30’s when Levi made his first jean jacket I wonder the criticism he received. The jean jacket trend lasted for 30 years before dying off in the late 1960’s. This fact amazes me because wearing the same style of jacket for 30 years really says a lot about human’s ability to follow. Growing up I never would have thought that the jean jacket trend would come back, and boy it can back with a force. Going to high school you can see a variety of many different styles but now they have one thing in common. This would be the jean jacket. Looking around my environment at home and at school I have noticed that the jean jacket is being used with almost every style around me. I like the look of pairing a dark denim jacket with a bright floral dress and a pair of neutral sandals. There is also the jean vest that has popped back into our lives as well. You can pair this with almost any t-shirt or tank top. This is great because it fit into the dress code at school and you look great as well. With the vest I would wear a pair of jeans that don't clash with the color of your vest and top it off with a pair of tennis shoes or Toms.

No comments:

Post a Comment